Sunday, January 24, 2010

Daily Sketches



1.19.10 - His name is Michael Weston. He used to be a spy.

He also used to be a handsome side of man-beef, but now... not so much. I don't know what happened to his face when I decided to draw it, but now he looks a bit fatter.

I also don't know how the gun hand got to be so disconnected from the rest of his arm, but that's actually directly from the model photograph.


1.20.10 - Mom looked at this picture and said, "Did you draw a streetwalker?"

Profiles, for some reason, have been tough for me recently. That said, I don't think I did too bad with this one. I'm also pretty pleased with the hair. The shoes, not so much.

I think I need to do more scenes. Even though this drawing is all sub-par, I had a ball drawing it.


1.21.10 - Here's my new favorite drawing I've ever done.

I decided to do a "concept sketch" for some of the characters from the novels &c I plan on writing. This is my original design for the main character from my Angel of Mercy story, about an angel who hates his job.

So, yeah, the little circle thing hanging off that sign is a halo. I haven't yet figured out a good way to draw radiance with a pencil.


1.22.10 - Yikes.

You know, that's really all I've got to say about this one. I drew it in about five minutes. It's pretty terrible.


1.23.10 - The verticle line on this figure is more like an "S" shape. Other than that, though, it's not bad.

I've been experimenting with different ways of doing cartoon faces - especially noses. As an experiment, I think this one is a success.

Guy's totally supposed to be wearing a polo shirt. I decided I didn't want to bother with the horse, though.


1.24.10 - One of these days I'll get to the point where I feel like I can draw a girl without feeling like a pervert.

No comments: