Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Things I'll Love Forever: Easter Candy


I know that, when Easter rolls around, we really should be focused on more important things, but I just can't help it - I love me some Easter candy.

1 - I don't know what it is, but just about EVERY SINGLE CANDY BAR tastes better egg-shaped - Butterfinger, Snickers... even Reese's peanut butter eggs are a delight - and I don't really care for Reese's otherwise.

2 - Even though there's a huge variety of flavors, I just can't get enough of the original variety of Starburst Jelly Beans. Eating them is a delicate process - the green ones are the first to go, followed by the yellow and purple. Orange, red, and pink I save for last - they're the best.

If I could buy a bag of Starburst: Just the Pink Ones, I totally would. Heck, M & Ms come in just the green bags at Valentines. Someone make this happen!

3 - I guess these aren't TECHNICALLY Easter candies, but Kinder Surprise Eggs are about the most fun a person can have with candy. A chocolate egg with an awesome little toy inside? That's pure joy in a foil wrapper.

Of course, not all the toys are great. I mean, you can get a four-piece jigsaw puzzle or a flipbook the size of your thumbnail. However, if you get one of these:


Then it's like Christmas and Easter rolled into one great big holiday ball of misplaced Christian celebration!

4 - Check this out:


IT'S A GINORMOUS EGG!!!

That's just classy.

5 - I know a lot of people think these are gross, but I LOVE Cadbury Cream Eggs. Every year, I buy a four-pack of the eggs, eat them all in ten minutes, and get sick to my stomach. It's as traditional as wearing big hats to church.

However:


Shrinking eggs? Not cool, Cadbury.

Okay, so maybe it's a bit childish to get worked up so much over candy every spring, but I prefer to think of it as a ritual of renewal. Easter candy makes me feel young again, and that's why I love it forever.

By the way, if you're wondering why I didn't say anything about Peeps, it's because they're gross. So there.

3 comments:

miss kristen said...

You're right. Reeses eggs are WAY better than regular ones.

My personal favorite? The cadbury mini eggs. Heaven in a bag.

After seeing 'Hop' with the nieces and nephews this weekend I just can't bring myself to eat jelly beans anymore...

heidikins said...

I love pretty much everything about this post. :)

xox

Anonymous said...

I only like peeps that have been opened for a few weeks and are good and stale!