Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dream: Pirate Roles

My alarm didn't go off this morning. I woke up about ten minutes before I had to be in to work. Luckily, I only live about ten minutes away FROM work, so I still made it on time. Unluckily, that means certain daily rituals (like my morning ablutions) had to be omitted. I had a lock of hair looping out from the side of my head like a coffee mug handle that, thankfully, seems to have settled down now.

The cool thing about sleeping late, though, is that I got to experience a pretty wicked awesome dream for a bit longer.

So I was an actor, see, in a play/movie about pirates. The cool thing is that the director liked me enough to cast me as two different roles - and BOY, were they different.

The first character I played was a stoic seaman, the kind that never smiles while swinging deftly from the riggings. The director of the play gave me a photograph of how he wanted me to portray the character - a sailor in a white cap, unsmiling as he tied a hefty rope around his waist.

"Why is this man tying himself up?" the director asked.

"To keep from falling off the ship," I said.

"No," the director said, laughing at my naivete. "He's PLANNING to fall."

My mind? Totally blown right at that moment.

Sadly, I didn't get much time to explore the role of the second pirate - but I think this guy would have been even MORE fun. He walked around with a bit of a drunken swagger - similar to, but not so effete as Jack Sparrow - and he wore a pretty rad pair of red sunglasses. This character's scenes took place in an underground sewer, complete with blasts of steam and red lighting.

I remember one line of his:

"Down here, men, you gotta LIVE your sex!"

I have no idea what that means, but I'm pretty sure this guy was going to be awesome.

No comments: