Sunday, December 18, 2011

Some Old Sketches and a Christmas Charcoal


Merry Christmas!

So it's been a LONG time since I last posted any of my drawings... mostly cuz I haven't done many. Whoopsie.

Here are a couple I just DEEMED to finish. I started BOTH of them back in September, but I didn't ink them until today. Enjoy.


I like the idea of cynical motivational posters. Also, I like libraries. A series of depressing pictures endorsing literacy should satisfy both of those interests.

Back when I was taking my art class, my instructor looked at a couple of my sketches and recommended that I shade in the ground with charcoal. I really liked the idea, and I plan to use it in the future (this picture just used pencil).


Hey, it's these guys!

I don't know if I actually have a concrete story or anything planned for the Dead Poets' Sorority. I just think it's a fun band name.

My main complaint about the above picture is Samantha (that's the girl in the center). I didn't plan her position out very well, and I had kinda gotten tired of inking when it came time to do her wardrobe. Also, I think I made the other two characters look related. That wasn't my intent.

Stippling and crosshatching take a LOT OF TIME - and it's difficult to make a picture look nice with those techniques. At least, it is for me. I've actually ruined a couple of pictures I've worked on in the past. Still, I think this one turned out all right.

My favorite part of the picture above? The Hendrix-looking guy in the poster.

No comments: