Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Half-Moon Thong

Can't BELIEVE I'm making another post on sartorial decency...

Let me start by saying this: I LIKE women. I really do. I also like LOOKING at women. It makes me happy. Of course, since I'm a practicing Christian, I feel GUILTY about looking at women, but I still LIKE it.

That said... Ladies, please hitch up your pants.

I'm not really a "sagging" detractor. I don't buy into some of the more pervasive arguments from naysayers about sagging, but I also don't get why people feel the need to show off their particular brand of underoos. If you want to sag with your boxers, I guess you can go ahead. Thug life forever or whatnot.

However, I've seen how some women with their low-rise jeans deliberately make sure their skimpy thongs are visible above the waistline, and that's a practice I just can't get behind... partially because I'd have to look at their half-moon thong hanging out the back.


There's a REASON men who sag so much you can see their Great Posterior Crevice are often ridiculed - it's usually a sign that they're either too distracted to pay attention or too slovenly to think it matters. Same holds true with women. Personally, when I see a woman's thong riding up in the back, I tend to think of some of the women I've seen come through the mental health system - and those are usually people who are so stoned out of their minds that they can't remember how to work a belt.

That's not exactly the "sexy vibe" people are trying to give off, I think.

Again, maybe I'm overstepping my bounds here in demanding all women conform to MY definition of modest attire (and on the internet, too, where everyone has to do what I say). It's a sight that's bugged me a bit too much recently, though, so there you go. End verbal vomit.

Just remember: what would Richard Blackwell do?

5 comments:

Kids n' Action Martial Arts said...

100% agree this is gross gross gross. No one wants to see it. Just so you know, my secret word verification for posting this comment is, "hookerr." Heeheehee.

heidikins said...

I didn't know Richard Blackwell wore a thong that he carefully tucked INTO his pants.

I also am extremely impressed that you know who Richard Blackwell was. ;)

xox

Gingerstar.kw said...

Yes, one must be careful about showing crack.

I have been known to wear the low-rise jeans (though I do so with a belt). I wasn't wearing a thong, but was unintentionally showing crack while sitting on a chair. Suddenly, I felt a little finger in my crevice. My one-year-old neice had just walked by and found a conveniently shaped cranny.

I try not to make it a practice! But I agree, it's pretty trashy when done purposefully.

Psychoticmilkman said...

Boom!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whale%20tail

S.R. Braddy said...

Geez, I KNEW there was a term for this phenomenon. I just couldn't remember it.