Friday, December 9, 2011

Merry Christrufflemas!

Christmastime is a great time of year: parties, presents, family, good music... well, some good music, at any rate. And, of course, there's a lot of great food.

And, by food, I mean candy.

And, by candy, I mean THESE GUYS:


I tend not to buy Lindor Truffles except at Christmas time - they're a bit on the pricey side. I guess the Lindt company starts to feel a bit more generous this time of year, because the truffles are often on sale. I actually have a little back of the truffles right by my desk, and... man, does that ever make me happy.

I like to take one of the truffles and pop it whole in my mouth. I don't chew it up right away, though - I let the outer shell melt away until the softer center is exposed. I love the sensation of the soft chocolate dissolving on my tongue - its smooth, creamy, and almost has its own temperature. Simply delightful.

So, of course, my phone HAS to ring when I'm eating my candy...

Seriously, this world's full of Scrooges.

3 comments:

Gingerstar.kw said...

I love them too! SOOO yummy!

miss kristen said...

I went to Walgreen's last week to buy band-aids, and NATURALLY I went to the candy aisle. I stood there for a fool for what felt like forever trying to decide on the dark chocolate or the seasonal "light blue bag". After several odd looks I finally settled on a more affordable bag of Riesen's.

Apparently Walgreen's doesn't believe in putting things on sale.

Torrie said...

I think that almost every time I take a huge bite of anything (like my slice of pizza today at lunch), the phone rings.

Oh, the woes of our jobs...