Thursday, May 30, 2013

Moon Dancer


Trained professional. Dancing without a dance floor may lead to twisted ankles and/or death by falling.

I took a little time over the weekend and browsed through some of my old drawings. I realized I kinda missed drawing just whatever the heck I wanted rather than having to think about what I was writing at the time. So I broke out my pens and whipped this picture up. Just for fun.

Oddly, the inspiration for this image came from a friend of mine who posted some pictures of clothes she tried on at the Bettie Page store. She was just excited to have found some clothes that fit her figure comfortably. After reading about her experience, I just thought I'd try my hand at drawing an attractive "plus size" character. I think I did okay.

EDIT: Thank goodness for friends who try to help keep my feet out of my mouth.

I guess I didn't really sum up my thoughts all that well. Women's body shapes and sizes have been on my mind a lot recently, and so seeing someone with a non-Abercrombie-and-Fitch body shape find such fashionable apparel made me think I should try to illustrate a similar situation. I did NOT mean to call any of my female friends fat. Heaven forbid.

No comments: