Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Wrong Turn

Saturday was Ward Temple Day for my ward. Since I'm currently the Temple/Family History Committee Chairperson Thing, I was in charge of organizing a group to head off for a session at the Jordan River LDS Temple. We were supposed to meet up at 9:30. I got there a bit before the meeting time, so I leaned back in the driver's seat for a quick nap. By 9:40, nobody'd shown up. I figured I'd head off to the temple by myself. I got about halfway there before I realized that... I don't actually know where the Jordan River Temple is.


You mean I was supposed to turn right?

After driving around for another half hour, I went back home, got some lunch, and... decided to head off to a completely different city. I mean, I know EXACTLY where the Bountiful temple is. It's only an extra half-hour away or whatever. Besides, I had plans in Bountiful later that day.


Above: Nowhere near the Jordan River Temple.

So hopefully there's some metaphor for my life in there - I take some unexpected detours, but I wind up at a good place anyway. Also, I think I might need to get a GPS something.

1 comment:

Torrie said...

You totally have my dream calling---I've semi-recently become pretty obsessed with family history, and I'm trying to convert anyone who will give me two seconds to talk about it.

And your experience? TOTALLY something that would have happened to me. I have absolutely no sense of direction whatsoever, but I still manage to keep going with my instincts even though they lead me astray almost every time...