Monday, July 1, 2013

Cooking with Braddy: Steak with Black Pepper Dip



I spoiled myself this weekend. I tried two new recipes from The Mighty Spice Cookbook, which by know I've sampled quite a bit from. I'm pretty fond of the book - not only does it offer fairly simple instructions, but it makes recommendations on dishes that pair well together. So I treated myself to a steak and ice cream feast (more on the dessert later).

It doesn't take much to cook a good steak - a little salt and pepper, and you're good to go. I do think my preparation methodology upset my roommate a bit. He asked excitedly if I was going to grill the steak. Wen I told him I'd be frying it, he looked disappointed in me.


The treat here is the dipping sauce for the steak - garlic, lemon, oyster sauce, and, of course, lots of black pepper. It's all got a nice flavor. Definitely a bit more exotic than your usual A-1 sauce.

No comments: