Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Weepy Pants


I think there's something wrong with my eyes, guys. They get all weird and weepy-sweaty over the silliest things.

Sure, I've been known to tear up over the silliest things. Like a scene from a summer blockbuster, or a great joke in a book I'm reading, or a particularly epic passage of music, or a delicious spoonful of mango sorbet. But now I find I get misty from simple interactions with other people.

Any time I get a compliment from someone, I get a little teary. Heck, every time I give a compliment to someone, I experience the same thing. It's weird, and I'm not sure I like it.

I mean, I guess I could just go the rest of my life without ever complimenting anyone, ever. And I could respond to every compliment I get by just blowing the biggest of raspberries. I mean, I could do that, but I don't think Dale Carnegie would approve.

I think I'm just going to say that my glands are acting up or something like that if anyone ever calls me on it. That's a thing I can say, right?

It's not?

Well, poop.

No comments: