Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Daily Sketches: Fanart Edition?

I've been giving a couple of other drawing utensils a go recently - most notably a sizable number of Faber Castell brush markers and a set of Copic multiliner pens. As much as I like these new tools, I have to say that I very much prefer my old Sakura pen set... Not sure why.


Above is actually the second draft of this particular face-punching composition. The first draft didn't work for me, because I couldn't get the face-punchee's hair quite right. This is an improvement, but... Actually, I'll just leave it at that.


I decided to try my hand at drawing some "fan art," for a change. We're starting off with one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite books.

Sadly, while working on the checkerboard configuration on the floor, my pen leaked a little bit. Probably why the whole thing's a little half-@##ed. Still had a lot of fun with this one, though. I may try to do some more Alice sketches coming up.


I've never read Pinocchio before, and I haven't seen the Disney film in YEARS, so I don't know exactly why I felt so compelled to draw a sketch of Gepetto (whose name, sadly, is misspelled on the poster there).

I've always thought that Gepetto's defining characteristic is his loneliness, so I really tried to capture someone who's completely washed up and past his prime. In that regard, I think this one turned out well.

The puppets could have used a bit more work.

No comments: