Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trivialities: Fourth of July


Independence Day tend to be one of my least favorite holidays. However, I still managed to get a lot done this past weekend - some of it fun, and some of it... well, read on.

1 - Friday

I've still been hanging on to my old car after a recent dating mishap prompted me to buy a new one. Well, I had the day off on Friday, so I decided to take the car in to get inspected and cleaned up a bit. The mechanics that worked on the car checked all the systems, including the headlights... which they forgot to turn off.

I then drove to the library, went in and browsed for a while, and came out to a drained battery. I went back in to the library to ask for some help, only to find that all librarians are hippies and don't actually HAVE cars to provide jumps with.


Above: Not owned by hippy librarians.


So I wound up walking home from the library to pick up my other car, driving myself back to the library, giving MYSELF a jumpstart, driving back home in my old car, walking BACK to the library, and then driving my other car home.

Friday was a bit of a waste.

2 - Saturday

I spent most of Saturday morning in Bountiful, helping my grandmother paint her garage. In the afternoon, I felt like kicking back and watching a movie, just to relax, so I picked... Batman.


Na na na na na na na na...


Despit my deep and abiding love for all things Batman, I haven't actually seen the old "Biff! Kapow!" Batman show since I was a little kid, so I went in to this movie with some pretty low expectations. And, I have to say, the movie was a LOT more fun than I anticipated. Shark repellant bat spray, self-sacrificing porpoises, and, of course, a bad day to get rid of a bomb... it was all good.

Also, Frank Gorshin's Riddler is beyond awesome.

3 - Monday

The Jesters Royale have a traditional Fourth of July show that's free to the public. Last night's show was pretty darn spectacular - one of the best in recent memory.


We had death tacos, CPR that fogged up a fellow's glasses, beat-boxing British types, a treehouse that somehow transformed into the Tower of Babel.

Oh, and lots and lots of ambush kissing.

2 comments:

Psychoticmilkman said...

Wow! I didn't know you don't have Sundays in your week.
I wish I didn't have an Sundays, Sundays are boring.

Torrie said...

Ha ha--you and I are different people: 4th of July is probably my FAVORITE holiday. What's not to love?

Oh, and am I totally an awful person because I thought your car-jumping story from Friday was just plain hilarious??!! Bwa ha ha