Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaNoWriMo: November 2 Update

Words Written Last Night: 1,101
Total Words Written: 2,847
Percent of Final Goal: 5.7%

Notes: Wednesdays were always the hard days last year. I work a full eight-hour day which I follow up with a three-hour improv workshop. Add an hour of travel time, and my day’s pretty much shot. I’m actually pleased that I was able to get any writing at all done last night, even if it was 500 words short of the daily goal.

My first day of writing could have been far more productive than it was, but I spent about an hour reading up on poker techniques on Wikipedia (it was research for the story, don’t worry). I’m coming to realize that, for my topic this year, there’s a LOT more I need to learn. I’ve decided not to worry about it now, but I’m keeping a list of things I want to read up on after the month is over so I can get a better idea of how to incorporate these subjects into my story. Already, my list includes poker, knitting, and pedophilia…

My book may be a little messed up. Just warning you all now.

1 comment:

Gingerstar.kw said...

Ewww, pedophillia....creepy. Can't wait to read it!