Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NaNoWriMo: November 22 Update

Words Written Last Night: 1,679
Total Words Written: 35,007
Percent of Final Goal: 70%

Notes: I just wrote the most emotionally violent scene I think I’ve ever written. Man, I really wish I had an A.G. Bear right now…

I had planned last year’s NaNo project with a meticulously crafted, detailed, and complete outline of the whole plot. I knew how the book would end right from the beginning, and I wrote towards that ending. I added a few scenes along the way, but, for the most part, I crafted exactly the story I had set out to write from the very beginning. I also wound up running out of material just after Thanksgiving, and I pulled the last couple thousand words out of an uncomfortable part of my anatomy.

This year, without the outline to guide me, the writing’s been a bit more aimless. Ironically, I think I have a stronger story this year than I did last year, and I think that may be partly due to the free reign I gave my characters to write their own story. It’s a pretty MISERABLE story, but it’s a more compelling one. I have no clue how the story will end – I have a few key scenes I’m writing towards but no conclusion. I hope it’ll all end happily, but…

No, seriously, someone needs to hug me, and SOON.

2 comments:

Gingerstar.kw said...

That sounds really cool! I like a dark story, so I can't wait to read this, if you'll let me.

But as for the hug...you don't like being touched, remember?

http://srbraddy.blogspot.com/2011/09/braddys-bubble.html

S.R. Braddy said...

Oh, man, I love that someone dug through the archives of my blog to throw MY OWN WORDS back in my face. Beautiful!