Monday, November 7, 2011

NaNoWriMo: November 6 Update

Words Written Last Night: 2,096
Total Words Written: 8,403
Percent of Final Goal: 16%

Notes: I skipped a day over the weekend, and that’s actually put me about 1,000 words behind schedule. It’s pretty traumatic. I’ll be able to catch up in time, but… man.

This year’s NaNoWriMo project is so much more DIFFICULT than last year’s. There’s been almost no motivation to continue in the project. Again, just like last year, when I’m able to compel myself to sit down and work, I feel pretty good about the work I do (even though it’s mostly terrible writing). It’s that extra effort to sit down and WORK that I get hung up on.

One of the things that’s made this year’s project more difficult is the presence of a roommate. Last year, I lived on my own, so when I got home from work, I had no distractions at all. I just sat down, got to work, then played video games until it was time for bed. Now, I kinda wanna just chat with the roommate.

No wonder most famous authors have been depressive loners.

No comments: