Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Time Once Again For...


That's right, I'm doing the NaNoWriMo thing again. That means I get to shut myself in my apartment and write 50,000 words of a novel - as if I didn't get enough torture last year.

Seriously, as much as I enjoyed doing NaNoWriMo LAST year, I find that I'm lacking the naive excitement that drove me to completing the project in 2010. This year, all I can think about is the sheer volume of work. Seriously, it's a LOT of work, and, from the beginning of the project, it appears to be a bit daunting.

Luckily, I've got a couple people I can keep tabs on (and who will HOPEFULLY return the favor). Last year, I had a friend who was instrumental in keeping me on task, so I'm planning on taking full advantage of that support.

Also, I'm incredibly excited for this year's novel, which I've been wanting to write since the middle of LAST NaNoWriMo...

Alice and Wendy

You might say I'm cheating a bit in picking Alice and Wendy as my NaNo project. After all, the rules say you're supposed to start a novel from scratch, and Alice and Wendy isn't exactly a brand-new concept for me. However, it's been a long poem for the last five years of its existence, so I say this is good.

So, yeah... NaNoWriMo begins NOW. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Luck wished your direction!