Monday, November 21, 2011

NaNoWriMo: November 20 Update

Words Written Last Night: 1,696
Total Words Written: 31479
Percent of Final Goal: 62%

Notes: New plot twists popped up as I was writing last night - totally surprised me. Apparently, my "Peter" character is... Actually, you may have to read the finished novel to get this particular twist.

I just wrote a fun section involving a Ouija board. Having never really used a Ouija board myself, I looked up a bunch of videos of kids playing with the "game" on YouTube. Most of the videos I saw purported to be people getting possessed by the spirits that communicate through Ouija. Personally, I thought it all looked fake, but in a good, kinda creepy kind of way.

I use the Ouija board to a different effect in the story I've got going. It's probably not the most ORIGINAL usage - basically, a dissociative man's submerged personality communicates through the board - but I had a lot of fun writing it.

I may not come back to Alice and Wendy right away in December, but scenes like the one I just described have pretty much ensured that I will come back at some point.

No comments: