Thursday, October 7, 2010

Highs and Lows

Done so many "reviews" and crap recently that it's time to get personal for a bit:

Highs

1 - Damn Yankees is progressing well. Personally, I think it's one of the best acting jobs I've ever done. I'm playing a character who, though similar in temperament to me, is completely different in mannerisms. So, yeah, I'm pleased.

2 - The new poetry notebook has made me a little giddy. I've gotten a lot more writing done than I would have otherwise. Plus, I have all of my old drafts right handy this way, so it's been a good process.

3 - I'm actually getting to the point where I want to start writing a comment - probably based on these li'l guys:


I've actually done a sort of prequel sketch with a confused looking father-figure (who looks a little like me in boxers and a wife-beater) trying to assemble the robot on his own - with the lamp neatly foreshadowed in the background. I don't know how far I'll get with it, but I'd like to give it a go.

4 - Getting revved up to start writing prose again, too. I have an idea for a crazy little narrative that will allow me to indulge my ADD a little bit by including a bunch of one-page stories. It'll be a challenge, but I think I'll give it a go.

5 - Halloween's just around the corner. I'm thinking of going as a white rapper. Thoughts?

Lows

1 - The big numero uno HAS to go to this cold that's wreaking havoc on my brain. I started feeling a bit weird on Sunday night, then went out and did Damn Yankees with a sore throat - which actually went all right. Ever since, though, things have gotten weirder. My voice is simply shot - I can barely speak well. I've been feeling better every day, but sounding worse. Hopefully, I'll be back in shape by tomorrow night; otherwise, "Heart" will have to be sung in the bass register.

2 - I'm in debt - probably for the first time since college. My stupid car (bless its little stupid heart) has a perpetual, irreperable oil leak, which apparently messed up a lot of the internal systemy things. It's costing me $600 to repair - and I don't have $600. So, yeah, I'm making monthly payments on my car repairs, and it sucks.

3 - I was offered a chance to join up with the cast of Little Women out at the Empress Theatre. Now, I'm not overly familiar with the show, but the music that I've heard is... well, it's actually pretty good. Unfortunately, I had to pass. The Empress, you see, is in Magna, a good 20 minute drive from my apartment. I drive out there already for improv and family get-togethers (and, right now, Damn Yankees) about five days a week. I'm losing a lot of money to gas, so I had to pass - give me some time to recuperate just before the holiday season.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Halloween costume idea: You know if you decide to not cut your hair after Damn Yankees, you could go as Vanilla Ice and sport a pretty good pompadour.

Little Women: So sad, so sad.

Psychoticmilkman said...

Eww, why would you want to be a rapper for Halloween?
I think you should invest in a gorrila suit.