Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Horrorshow: The Ring


The nice thing about being laid up sick is that you don't really get hung up on the amount of time you spend watching movies. So here's another one.

The Ring has always been a movie I've been curious about. I remember when the movie first came out - I'd just started college, and I overheard the following exchange between two single returned missionaries just older than me:

Guy 1: Hey, have you seen that movie The Ring yet?

Guy 2: No way, man. I'm trying to stay as far away from rings as possible.

A sentiment I often find myself echoing.

Anyway, there's a movie here somewhere.

So I found the beginning of The Ring to be a bit... well, stupid. The two blonde sorority girls basically give away the whole plot of the movie right there ("So, like, have you heard about this movie that kills you. It, like totally kills you DEAD. Omagawsh!"), when I think I would have wanted a bit more suspense. Also, there were a couple of parts in the middle when I found myself nodding off - but a lot of that might have had to do with me being sick and all that.

Still, when the movie was over, I stared at my phone, terrified that it was actually going to ring, and I hesitated getting too close to the TV when I took the disc out.
A good movie, then, I'd say.

No comments: