Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Horrorshow: Silence of the Lambs


Gotta admit, I think all these scary movies are getting to me. I haven't been having nightmares, per se, but there's been a definite sense of unease gradually building around me.

Man, I LOVE Halloween!

Silence of the Lambs has been on my list of movies to watch ever since I caught a couple of scenes on television a few years back. They were dark, intense, and utterly terrifying.

As it turns out, I caught the most intense parts of the movie, and didn't really need to see the rest.

I'm sorry to report that Silence of the Lambs is kind of overrated. The plot's pretty thin, and the main character, Clarice, doesn't really have enough depth to make her an interesting protagonist to watch for two hours.

The serial killers were by FAR more fascinating to watch. Buffalo Bill's the second character I've seen in horror to use transvestism as a means of frightening the bejeezus out of the audience, and it's pretty darn effective in both instances. Hannibal Lecter's such a prominent figure in pop culture anymore that anything I'd have to say about him would be redundant.

So, yeah. Silence of the Lambs. Kind of dull, but worth it for the psychos.

No comments: