Monday, October 11, 2010

Indestructible


Friday night was probably the single craziest night of performing I've ever had.

Okay, so I've been sick recently - kinda the usual cold symptoms. You know, coughing, runny nose, sinus headaches, a general feeling of disgust. Yeah, it didn't get any better by Friday night, when I had to take the stage. Boy, howdy, was THAT ever fun.

So, yeah, I had to sing with a froggy throat, dance through dizzy spells, and remember lines and blocking with a head full of cotton balls. It was pretty miserable.

What was the damage?

I skipped one line.

Considering everything that COULD have gone wrong, only skipping one line (and one that nobody in the audience noticed), I feel like frickin' Superman.

Actually, I feel a bit more like Stuart Redman after a visit from Captain Trip, but you get the idea.

No comments: