Monday, November 29, 2010

Why I'm Still Single: Contest Results

So the contest is officially over. I've gotta say - I'm pretty impressed with the responses I got. I kinda wish they could all be winners, but, sadly, there can be only one... or something.

First up, some honorable mentions:

Our first honorable mention goes to Fumiko, who bravely admits that she would be willing to let her mom set her up. Personally, I'd rather die alone, but Fumiko's not that proud.

Just kidding, Mom. And Fumiko. Man, I'm probably offending everyone.



Second honorable mention goes to Genisse, mainly for the caring rendering of the coffee table in the background.



The next honorable mention goes to Heidi. I don't know that I recommend going to http://www.getaman.com/, but, if you have dial-up, it may not be the best idea.

Also, note that Heidi actually rendered an actual person, not just a stick figure. That's dedication.



I was really hoping for some Manelle-original artwork for this contest. That said, the dead-body outline is pretty awesome. Some of you may need to re-think your crushes, that's all I'm saying.



Dashbo of Dashbo's No-Brainer Math for Right-Brained Folk gets an honorable mention for the way he lovingly detailed the moon's reflection in the water. Kudos.

And now, the winner :



Mike C. gets the gold, mainly because THIS IS SOMETHING I ACTUALLY DO.

Congrats to Mike, who gets the Best Buy card, and thank you all for playing.

2 comments:

That one girl that dated him despite the singing...or because of it? said...

I think Mike broke up with me once using song lyrics and I responded with song lyrics and we continued to have an entire conversation in song lyrics.

Anonymous said...

Yay for honorable mention!