Thursday, November 11, 2010

NaNoWriMo: November 10 Update

Words Written Last Night: 1,685
Total Words Written: 18,018
Percent of Final Goal: 36%

Notes: I finally started writing some of my antagonist’s scenes. I realized I haven’t really introduced the man who’s really responsible for most of the problems my characters face – and I need to find a way to work more face time in for this guy. He could really be fascinating if I paid him more attention.

I’m finding it’s really easy to slip into an incredibly melodramatic mode when writing dialog. The problem with that, though, is most characters wind up sounding exactly the same. Trying to write seven or so different people with different speech patterns is proving to be a little difficult. I think I’ve found a properly distinct voice for two of my characters, and that’s really it.

I wrote another excerpt from Peter Priest’s A Velvet Noose, which is one more than I really expected to write. Yeah, if this were a real book, there’s probably no way I’d read it.

Available for Review: A Velvet Noose, excerpt 4

No comments: