Friday, November 19, 2010

NaNoWriMo: November 18 Update

Words Written Last Night: 2,039
Total Words Written: 31,419
Percent of Final Goal: 62%

Notes: Man, it is getting HARD to write nowadays. My enthusiasm for the project has really dropped off this week. I’ve stuck with it – mostly – but it’s been kind of an ordeal.

I really am getting quite close to the end of the material I had planned to write, and I’m slowly coming to the conclusion that I’m not quite happy with the way the story has gone. All the events I have planned take place over the course of six days. Five or so of those days are completely plotted out, and there’s not as much… INTERESTING stuff going on.

The parts I’m proudest of thus far are the little excerpts from different texts that the main characters have written (and that’s most of what I’ve posted on the other blog). So when I’m done with this and I go back to revise, I think most of the prose parts will get scrapped, while these other little bits will stay.

But I haven’t given up yet, and I think I’m still actually a little ahead of schedule, so it’s not all negative.

No comments: