Saturday, November 27, 2010

NaNoWriMo: November 26 Update

Words Written Last Night: 2,500
Total Words Written: 43,910
Percent of Final Goal: 88%

Notes: I wish every day could be Thanksgiving. Seriously, I had four helpings of turkey, five slices of pie, and wrote 6,000 words. It was delightful.

Of course, considering how little work I did earlier in the week, I guess I was just making up for lost time.

I had a great experience last night. I created a character back when I was doing my outline for the story whose only purpose was to be bumped off a couple pages after she enters the story. Well, I got to the point where I was supposed to write her scene… and I don’t think I can kill her off. She’s much too fun to write.

A guy looks at her and asks, “How does someone get to be your friend?”

“He doesn’t ask stupid questions,” she says in response. “Also, he eats this sandwich.”

Anyway, my goal is to finish up this weekend. I was hoping to finish up today, but things suddenly got busy. I imagine I won’t finish until tomorrow, but that’s still a couple of days ahead of schedule, which I’d be fine with.

No comments: