Tuesday, November 23, 2010

NaNoWriMo: November 22 Update

Words Written Last Night: 2,026
Total Words Written: 35,281
Percent of Final Goal: 70%

Notes: I had an excellent weekend. Got to hang out with some good friends, played games, baked pies with my mom, went to a play, and had a fantastic performance with the Jesters Royale.

Oh, and I did almost no writing. Go me.

I’m still about a single day ahead of schedule – that’s all well and good, but I’m hoping to get done with the whole 50,000 word project by the end of Thanksgiving break – which will mean about 2,400 words per night from here on out. Hopefully, I’ll be able to crank out a lot of that on Friday.

I’m looking forward to the process of revising. Right now, a lot of the plot is fueled by coincidence, which I think is starting to make the narrative engine cough. I’m going to need to find a purer, cleaner, less contrived fuel before declare the novel “done,” but, for now, coincidence helps me get the scenes where I want them to be. Finding out the reasons behind the coincidence will probably pad the word count well beyond 50,000.

No comments: