Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo: November 1 Update

Words Written Last Night: 2,257
Total Words Written: 2,257
Percent of Final Goal: %4

Notes: The book I’ve started is called The Cult of Story. This is a working title – frankly, I might as well call the book Suck Title right now, because I REALLY hate the title The Cult of Story.

I’ve decided the story is going to be framed between a prologue and epilogue which, at first glance, are only tangentially related to the story as a whole. After everything’s said and done… they may still be only tangentially related to the story. That’ll get ironed out in revision.

I started on the first chapter and included a lot of character description. I literally have a scene where the main characters sit around a table and introduce themselves. I feel this scene is necessary, but it’s pretty boring right now. I’ll find a way to spice/break it up later.

Also, I wrote a couple of quick passages that’ll fit in to the story later, including the first significant passage from a fictional book called A Velvet Noose, which was written by a VERY bad man. Okay, technically, I’m the one who wrote it, but… you know what I mean.

Lastly, I spent so much time writing that I burned my pizza. Sad day.

Available for Review: A Velvet Noose, excerpt 1

1 comment:

Mary said...

Steve,

Please sign me up for your super secret blog so I can read your story/poetry.

Sincerely,
Me